|Salient Features||Project Developed By|
Asian Hydropower Pvt. Ltd.
Lower Jogmai Hydropower Project is a simple Run Off River type hydropower project located in Ilam District of eastern Nepal. The project lies at the end reach of Jogmai River within close proximity of Mai Beni Hydropower Project, where the river meets the Mai river. The Installed Capacity of the project is 6.2 MW. The project is easily accessible via multiple access roads at the moment. The easiest access is through a 3 km road from Mechi highway at Shilpur upto the powerhouse area. 33/132 kV Godak substation is only 4km away from the powerhouse for power evacuation.
The project is at its advanced stages of design works and shall embark in construction within February 2019. The easy access to the project area, simple conventional project components, guaranteed power evacuation and conducive work environment provide a compelling opportunity for commissioning of the project within a short span of 24 months' time.
- Easily Accessible, within 3 Km of Mechi Highway
- Already available access road to Surge tank and Powerhouse
- Available Construction Power from NEA grid
- Guaranteed Power Evacuation at Godak Substation
- Very close to ongoing project Mai Beni HPP
- Transmission Line can be shared with Mai Beni HPP
- Feasibility Study completed
- Detailed Engineering Design on progress
- Power Purchase Agreement Signed with NEA
- Land Acquisition ongoing
- Construction works to be started soon