|Salient Features||Project Developed By|
Samling Power Company Ltd.
Located in the middle reach of Mai river in Ilam district in eastern part of Nepal, Mai Beni Hydropower Project is a runoff river type hydropower project with an installed capacity of 9.51 MW. The project is the pilot project of Urja Developers Pvt. Ltd., and has undergone construction works since May 2018. The components of the project lie between 490 m and 645 m above mean sea level, all of which are accessible through access roads constructed by the project itself. All the major components of the project are within 5 km distance from Mechi highway.
Rapid progress in the construction works are ongoing to meet the target commissioning date of the project of September 2020.
- Easily Accessible; Entire Project in Ilam Municipality
- Easy and Independent Access to Project Components : Headworks, Powerhouse and Alignment
- Construction Power from NEA grid
- Guaranteed Power Evacuation at Godak Substation
- Different Options available for Transmission Line
- Conductive Local Environment, with already 8 projects in Operation in Ilam in the range of 70 MW
- Readily available Construction Materials
- Hydro-mechanical and Electromechanical tenders in advance stage of award
- Highly Experienced Project Management team already on Board
- Construction of access road and other site enabling works completed
- Detail engineering design in advanced stage of completion
- Land Acquisition substantially completed
- Financial Closure signed with Lead Bank Nepal SBI Bank Ltd. and Participating Bank Siddhartha Bank Ltd.
- Construction activities advancing in full swing
- Construction of Diversion weir, Undersluice, transition & parallel panel of Settling Basin, Approach canal and Gravel Trap completed
- Construction of Gravel flushing canal & Spillway in progress
- Construction of Protection works substantially complete at Headworks
- Full-fledged tunnel construction ongoing from all of the four portals
- Construction of Powerhouse in progress; protection works at Powerhouse and Tailrace Canal completed
- Construction of straight panel of Tailrace Canal completed
- Design of Electromechanical equipment in progress
- LC for the supply of Electromechanical equipment established
- LC for the steel plates established; first lot of steel plates being delivered to site
- Installation of Hydromechanical equipment at Undersluice, Intake, Settling Basin, Approach Canal, Tailrace and Trash passage in progress
- Initial Environmental Examination(IEE) and Detail design of Transmission line in progress
- Construction of permanent camp in progress