|Salient Features||Project Developed By|
Mewa Developers Pvt. Ltd.
Middle Mewa Hydropower project is one of the very few Peaking Run Off River type projects in Nepal. The project is located in Mewa Khola in Taplejung District of eastern Nepal. The project shall utilize the design discharge of 12.56 m3/s to generate 49 MW of electricity with daily peaking of 6 hours. The gross head of the project is 465 m.
The project is expected to embark into construction in February 2020 with a construction period of approximately 45 months.
- Feasibility Study completed
- Power Purchase Agreement Signed with NEA
- Design Review completed by Hydro Tunneling and Research Pvt. Ltd.
- Detail Engineering Design in progress
- Access Road Development ongoing
- Geophysical and Geotechnical investigation completed
- Land Acquisition ongoing
- Access Road Development on going
- Site Investigation Works ongoing at site
- Terms of Reference (TOR) validation to conduct Initial Environmental Examination (IEE) in PROR scheme completed; IEE study completed and report preparation in progress
- Survey license for Transmission line obtained
- Physical modeling and sediment sampling & analysis in progress