|Salient Features||Project Developed By|
Mewa Developers Pvt. Ltd.
Middle Mewa Hydropower project is one of the very few Peaking Run Off River type projects in Nepal. The project is located in Mewa Khola in Taplejung District of eastern Nepal. The project shall utilize the design discharge of 12.56 m3/s to generate 49 MW of electricity with daily peaking of 6 hours. The gross head of the project is 465 m.
The project is expected to embark into construction in September 2019 with a construction period of approximately 4 years.
- Feasibility Study completed
- Detailed Engineering Design on progress
- Power Purchase Agreement Signed with NEA
- Land Acquisition ongoing
- Access Road Development on going
- Site Investigation Works ongoing at site