• Construction of access road and other site enabling works completed
• Detail engineering design completed
• Financial Closure concluded with Nepal SBI Bank Ltd. as a lead bank and Siddhartha Bank Ltd. as a member bank.
• Construction activities advancing in full swing
• Construction of Headworks structures completed
• Installation of pipe, anchor block construction and backfilling works substantially completed at Headrace pipe 1
• Installation of pipe, anchor block construction and backfilling works substantially completed at Headrace pipe 2 and Penstock
• Excavation and lining works of Headrace Tunnel 1 completed
• Excavation works at Headrace Tunnel 2 completed and tunnel lining works in progress
• Construction of Permanent camp completed
• Construction of Transmission line in progress
• Construction of Powerhouse and Tailrace completed
• Protection works at Powerhouse and Tailrace Canal completed
• Surge pipe installation works in progress
• Manufacture of all the electromechanical equipment completed and delivered to site; Installation of electromechanical equipment at Powerhouse in progress
• Installation of Hydromechanical components at Undersluice, Intake, Settling Basin, Approach Canal, Tailrace and Trash passage in progress
Power Purchase Agreement was signed with Nepal Electricity Authority in November 2016.
Generation License was obtained from the Department of Electricity Development in April 2018.
The project embarked on construction in May 2018 after the award of civil works contract to CE construction.
Financial closure was concluded in December 2018 with Nepal SBI Bank Ltd. as a lead bank and Siddhartha Bank Ltd. as a member bank.
The Required Commercial Operation Date (RCOD) as per the power purchase agreement is Nov 2021.