Project Studies and Approval
• All the site-enabling works and supporting infrastructure is completed
• 33 kV transmission line for construction power supply completed
• Civil works contractor mobilization commenced in January 2020; Construction works advancing from different work fronts
• Diversion Tunnel completed and river diversion commenced
• Excavation work at the headworks area completed
• Construction works at headworks started; Grouting tunnels works ongoing
• Jet grouting in Desander area has been started
• Slope protection work is completed at the Settling Basin area
• Adit-1 tunnel, Adit-2 tunnel , Adit-3 tunnel, Adit-4 tunnel, Ventilation tunnel, Intermediate Pressure Tunnel, Lower Pressure Tunnel, and Upper- Pressure Tunnel completed
• 3167 m Headrace tunnel has been excavated out of 5314 m
• Pilot hole for the Surge shaft has been completed; Widening and support work ongoing
• Pilot holes of Vertical Shaft 1 and Vertical Shaft 2 completed; Widening and excavation works of Vertical Shaft 1 completed whereas works for Vertical Shaft 2 ongoing;
• Main Access Tunnel to Powerhouse completed
• Powerhouse cavern excavation completed; Installation of Earthing and grounding system has been installed; Rebar placing at bottom raft of Turbine pit ongoing
• Excavation of Tailrace tunnel completed including 3 branch tunnels
• Detailed design of Electromechanical works ongoing; Earthing and Grounding system has been delivered; Bus duct is planned to be dispatched shortly
• Detailed design of Hydromechanical works ongoing; Bifurcation and Penstock pipe fabrication will start shortly
• Soil investigation completed for 132 KV Transmission line; Detail Design of Towers and Foundation work in final stage; Foundation works have been started
Power Purchase Agreement was signed with Nepal Electricity Authority in August 2018.
Financial closure was concluded in November 2019 with Himalayan Bank Ltd. as a lead bank, Nepal Infrastructure Bank Ltd. as a Co-lead bank and Kumari Bank Ltd., Nepal SBI Bank Ltd., NCC Bank Ltd., and Sanima Bank Ltd. as member banks.
Generation License was obtained from the Department of Electricity Development in January 2020.
The project embarked on construction in January 2020 after the award of civil works contract to CE construction.
The project is advancing in a full-fledged manner to meet the target project commissioning date of October 2023.